Group-Office 3.6.5 is released!
We are proud to announce the first public 3.6 release. This is an update with major feature enhancements!
This release focuses on interoperability with other systems. With WebDAV and CalDAV support the filesystem can be mounted like a network drive and you can access the calender data directly with a calendar application. It also supports meeting requests from other calendar applications now.
We moved the HTML templates, addresslists and newsletters into the community version as we think these features belong to the community version.
There are lots of other changes too, checkout the full changelog:
- Performance improvements in the new ExtJS 3.3 update.
- Performance improvements by combining a lot requests to the server and load as
little objects as possible.
- New bookmarks module.
- New calllog module for simple administration of phone calls.
- New module to schedule popup reminders for users or groups with a text page.
- WebDAV and CalDAV support with FreeBusy info (http://www.group-office.com/wiki/CalDAV).
- Collapsible sections in all information panels.
- Separated tasks and events from other links in the information panels.
- Instead of blocking a user after 5 bad logins it presents a CAPTCHA now.
- Export of contacts can be disabled for users.
- Many improvements to the custom fields:
1. Option to make a field required.
2. Add small help text to the fields.
3. Better editing of select fields and an import function for the options.
4. New option to allow a multiple selection with select fields.
5. New treeselect field. This can be multiple related select fields. The data
of the next select field depends on the selection of the other.
- Linked items show a link icon if they have links attached too.
- Reminders can be snoozed more easily.
- Add new link directly from "New" menu.
- New Wordpress bridge module.
- New Mediawiki bridge module.
- New secure download link feature. Send a download link to someone by mail so
the receiver can download this file securely.
Calendar and Tasks
- Better support for calendar invitations from other clients such as Outlook and
- Drag and drop tasks in tasklists.
- Project calendars.
- Improved appearance.
- List view shows quarters.
- Show weekdays in the calender month view.
- Added categories to tasks and events.
- Automatic holidays to calendar.
- Added e-mail templates, addresslists and newsletters to the community version.
We separated document templates and save e-mail as into new pro modules
- When composing an e-mail the user is no longer asked to select a template each
time. It starts with the user selected default template and can be changed in
the composer if necessary.
- Remind collapsed/expanded folders and accounts in the tree.
- Easier adding of attachments and inline images.
- Remind enabled CC/BCC fields.
- Option to always reply to a read confirmation and always request a read
- When a message is sent to an unknown recipient you can also add the e-mail
address to an existing contact. There's also an option to disable adding
- New e-mail portlet that can display e-mail folders in different tabs.
- Linking multiple messages is shown in a progress bar and handled in multiple
requests if this operation takes a long time.
- The scheduled call for quotes skips weekend and holidays.
- Added a total column for rows and a markup function.