Group-Office 4.0 beta almost ready
We've been working very hard on Group-Office 4.0 in the past year. We're almost ready to release the first beta version!
The most important changes in 4.0 are under the hood. We completely rewrote the PHP framework using the Model View Controller approach. On the interface it may seem like there are not so many changes but under the hood there's a shiny new engine! This get's us ready for the future and development will go much quicker. It will enable us to create a mobile interface for example. It's also a much more organized and more secure framework. At the moment extensive security testing is being performed by Cigitel.
Here's the list of changes in 4.0:
- Complete new MVC PHP framework
- Extensive security audit by Cigitel.
- Users are stored in the addressbook too.
- Ticket groups for better permission management.
- Plupload used for file uploads
- Gnupg support dropped. SMIME still supported.
- Filesearch module for deep searching file content. (Linux only).
- Document workflow module.
- File locking
- SabreDAV upgraded to 1.5.6
- Swift Mailer upgraded to 4.1.5
- Project tasks have a relation now and have a percentage complete field
- Photo support in sync.
- Billing module can create MS word and open-office invoices, quotes and orders.
- Billing module can handle purchase orders and stock.
- Embed pasted images from firefox into mime mail for better memory management
- Links in messages become relative links when cut & pasted. We make them absolute again on when the message is sent.
- Automatic linking of e-mail replies when sent from a projects, contact, company etc.