We are using GO Pro 3.0 (stable 10) and have tried both Funambol 0.7 and 0.8 for syncr. with Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 running in Ubuntu 8.10, during this we have found an odd "error" in the mapping of e-mail adresses. Where the error is, is at the moment unknown to us, but we would like to know if anybody have identified the same problem and maybe fixed it.
What we see and have found so fare is that a recover of addresses from GO to Thunderbird (or changing address in GO and synconize) maps e-mail adresses as shown below:
GO e-mail 1 maps to TB "custom 1" (in other fields)
GO e-mail 2 maps to TB "additional e-mail"
GO e-mail 3 maps to TB "additional e-mail"
When correcting a contact in Thunderbird and syncronize maps the e-mail addresses as shown below:
TB e-mail maps to GO e-mail 1
TB additional e-mail maps to GO e-mail 2
TB "custom 1" (in other fields) maps to nothing
The result is devastating, correcting addresses in GO results in loss of the e-mail field in TB.
Through DEBUG in Funambol add-on to Thunderbird we have found the following mapping (when receiving from GO):
GO e-mail 1 maps to EMAIL:INTERNET:PREF
GO e-mail 2 maps to EMAIL:INTERNET:WORK
GO e-mail 3 maps to EMAIL:INTERNET:HOME
Transmit to GO did sadly not show the same information. But my conclusion is that "PREF" is mapped to TB "Custom 1", WORK to TB additional e-mail and HOME to TB e-mail.
Any info to find the reason for this problem and fixing it is desired.