Fetchmail configuration for GO

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other catagories :) (and of course is about Group-Office)

Moderator: Developers

vandeminek

Fetchmail configuration for GO

Postby vandeminek » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:58 am

In the past days I'm trying to configure GO Email section to work with fetchmail. My goal is to download mails from an external server (for example Gmail) and delete them from the server like the old pop3 protocol. I can download mails with imap from the server so the mailserver configuration is good but I need to delete them to save space on the external server.
I've configured fetchmail using the wiki: https://www.group-office.com/wiki/Use_P ... l_delivery

My /etc/fetchmail.rc:

Code: Select all

poll gmail.com proto imap localdomains localhost
    envelope X-envelope-To
    user "lakatos.erno.teszt" with password "****" is "examplemail@spamtelenseg.hu" here smtphost localhost
    limit 10240000
    no keep
fetchmail daemon starts without problem. Only information in /var/log/mail.info: 'starting fetchmail 6.3.21 daemon'

Configuration of the mailbox in GO Email:

Incoming E-mail tab
Imap server: localhost
Username: examplemail@spamtelenseg.hu
Password: ****
SSL: yes
Port: 993
I don't know how to configure the mailbox settings in Email section to work with fetchmail. I've tried to change 'localhost' to '127.0.0.1' and the actual address for the mail server but that's not helped or changed anything. Also tried to change imap and pop protocols in fetchmailrc and in mailbox settings. What did I do wrong?

Thanks,
Imre
vandeminek

Re: Fetchmail configuration for GO

Postby vandeminek » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:00 pm

Now looks like I can fetch mails from the external mailbox but only when I configure /etc/fetchmailrc manually. Can I configure it from GO?

/etc/fetchmail now:

poll pop.gmail.com with proto POP3 port 995
        user 'lakatos.erno.teszt@gmail.com' there with password '****' is 'examplemail@spamtelenseg.hu' here
        smtphost mail.spamtelenseg.hu
        ssl
        no keep
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fetchmail configuration for GO

Postby mschering » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:09 am

You have to configure it manually. There's no interface for it in GO. The idea is that you only configure this once so you can control the mailboxes on the server with GO.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh