Themes, where to get

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other catagories :) (and of course is about Group-Office)

Moderator: Developers

rjcz

Themes, where to get

Postby rjcz » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi I am totally new to this. sorry if my question is stupid.
where can I get more themes for GO 5?
the only thing I found after hours of searching is this
http://www.strange-chocolate.net/groupoffice/themes/
but
1st I don't know if these are compatible GO 5 themes or for an older version
2nd I am already failing of downloading them.

Thanks for the help
RJ
peter_stirnberg

Re: Themes, where to get

Postby peter_stirnberg » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi and Merry Christmas everybody,

no, these themes are for GO 2.x - AFAIK - and not compatible. You can easily manage to get your own theme for GO 5.0.x by using the module "Extra css styles and scripts". You can take the css file in the themes folder as a template here and then create your own icons. Don't forget that you have to do this for every module too.
About doing theming the right way you can find more here -> https://www.group-office.com/wiki/Creating_a_theme.

Best Regards
Peter
KarlaD

Postby KarlaD » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:01 am

Hello,

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question but would I need to get a programmer or is it a fairly simple process? Thanks!
peter_stirnberg

Postby peter_stirnberg » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:13 am

Hi,
no, you don't have to be a programmer to do it the css way, but you should at least know a bit about css. Anyway, with Firebug and your own css (and lots of coffee) you should also be able to get this work with try and error. Most work will be creating your own icon set because there are more than 200 of them. With luck you'll find some free sets out there which you can adjust for your own usage. Be aware, this is lots of work and if you don't want to do this by yourself and you're in urgent need of your own theme, there are some people here - including Intermesh and my humble self - who can do this for money.