Mass hosing with GO

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other catagories :) (and of course is about Group-Office)

Moderator: Developers

odhiambo

Mass hosing with GO

Postby odhiambo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:25 pm

I need advise on how people go about this.
At the moment, I use Exim4u as the web interface to create domains. It allows me to limit the number of users per domain.
GO comes in just as a web interface with all the bells & whistles.

Someone has approached me about managing a Zimbra system, but I thought I liked GO because at the back-end, I am comfortable with Exim+Dovecot.
The challenge with the Exim4u+GO combo is that users need to visit a different URL (Exim4u) to change their password. I wish they could do that within GO. As a matter of fact, I wish I could get all the features of Exim4u in GO, then I only have to deal with a single system.

Is such a thing available? I MUST only use Dovecot+Exim+MySQL so I do not want something that goes outside that set of apps.

Is such thing free or commercial?

The Zimbra hosting I'd like to replace is commercial and as such I am open to discussing this with GO developers if that is the only/best way to take.
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mass hosing with GO

Postby mschering » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:36 am

I don't know exim4u but if it uses a mysql backend you could write a module that talks to the mysql database directly.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh