iCalendar URL in GO5

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other catagories :) (and of course is about Group-Office)

Moderator: Developers

aliasox2

iCalendar URL in GO5

Postby aliasox2 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:11 am

Hi,
In Calendar properties it's possible to use the icalendar URL so another device can have a read only view of that calendar. This works in GO4 and I've used it for ages but in GO5, installed via Softaculous on shared hosting, it doesn't work. I've got google calendar to try and open it by going 'new calendar by URL' as well as an Android app but both report invalid URL. The syntax of the URL in GO5 is very different to that of GO4 - using your demo as an example it's now http://demo.group-office.eu/public/cale ... lendar.ics.
As of a matter of interest the folder called 'public' in this example doesn't exist in my instalation. Can someone shed some lights please? Thanks!
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iCalendar URL in GO5

Postby mschering » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:30 pm

The cron job must be running for this now. Can you check that?

https://www.group-office.com/wiki/Cron_user_manual
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
ingokr

Postby ingokr » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:38 am

Hi,

i have the same problem with a fresh installation of groupoffice v5. I checked the cron tasks, all of them seems to be running without errors (see screenshot).
But the url http://<hostname>/public/calendar/1/calendar.ics does not exist.

Best regards.
I. Krienen
Attachments
2014-07-21 11_33_53-.jpg
2014-07-21 11_33_53-.jpg (74.2 KiB) Viewed 3669 times
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:01 am

Make sure there's an alias or symlink in your webroot pointing to /home/groupoffice/public
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
aliasox2

Postby aliasox2 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:31 am

Hi, The symlink didn't work, possibly because I'm using shared hosting BUT it is possible to call the .ics file that is above webroot from a php routine - I asked a friend how and append the code below in case it helps anyone - obviously preceed the ../ with the location of your groupoffice data folder - something like /home/groupoffice/public/calendar/1/calendar.ics - the leading forward slash is important, apparently it makes the path absolute - I'm no expert!
<?php
$myfile = fopen("../calendar.ics", "r") or die("Unable to open file!");
echo fread($myfile,filesize("../calendar.ics"));
fclose($myfile);
?>
aliasox2

Postby aliasox2 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:03 pm

Let me add one further thing, the cron job at cpanel level also wasn't working for me returning an error - "ERROR: This script must be run on the command line." Elsewhere in this forum it states this is because "cronjob is not running PHP_SAPI as CLI" I'm afraid I didn't understand that! Anyway,the Groupoffice Cron manual is a little lacking in detail in the event of difficulty bit it turns out, if instead of using for the first bit of the cron command (after the timing stuff) php /home/blah blah blah you refer to where php is on the server, ie usr/bin/php /home/blah blah blah or sometimes usr/local/bin/php /home/blah blah blah instead, it all works with no errors! I'm very pleased, thank you GO for a first rate app!
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:23 am

In later versions the cli check is not done anymore so upgrading might help here too.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh