Internal document editing

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other catagories :) (and of course is about Group-Office)

Moderator: Developers

mcharvat

Internal document editing

Postby mcharvat » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi, anyone interested in local document editing? This feature is probably the best for companies when they dont want copy files to Google Docs or dont want pay for or install any office system on employees stations. I cooperate with my partner on Group Office extension which will support this feature. Anyone interested in? Please feel free to contact me.
IT Analyst, Independent seasoned Group-Office developer, Educator of web applications
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Internal document editing

Postby mschering » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Which editor do you use?

We recently introduced webODF to v6 too.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
mcharvat

Re: Internal document editing

Postby mcharvat » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Oh I totally forgot our conversation about webODF. Document editing goes trough Java (Tomcat server) and use LibreOffice for conversions like exports to PDF, HTML, (CSV, XLSX) or (DOCX). They supported powerpoint presentations too but currently I dont see ppt support anymore. SpreadSheet works almost like LibreOffice version so you dont need install any office system to PC stations. First I wanted use just framework to integrate this functionality info GO but currently it almost looks like they are going to rewrite all parts to Ext 4 so the best is open document in this app. It will work almost same like editing in Drive - but you dont need upload file outside your server.
IT Analyst, Independent seasoned Group-Office developer, Educator of web applications