Difference between GO and other OSS solutions

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other catagories :) (and of course is about Group-Office)

Moderator: Developers

redheadqq

Postby redheadqq » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:46 pm

I have used PHProjekt before and at first sight PHProjekt looks like a Groupware tool that contains many different functions. However, many functions were not working as I thought it should work and the layout is even worse. And it's not very userfriendly.

Group-Office contains all functions I need (and are working very good) and is a very userfriendly groupware tool.
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:26 pm

I think the main advantages of Group-Office are the speed, user friendly GUI and the implemented functionality works as it should work. Much OSS have so much functions and modules that it get's too crowded. In some cases they don't even work at all. Group-Office just works and is very fast.
Try the demo!
ComSubVie
Group-Office Developer
Group-Office Developer

Postby ComSubVie » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:52 pm

from the development side I think the complete object oriented design is a very great plus.
meschareth
Group-Office Developer
Group-Office Developer

Postby meschareth » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:34 am

also the "ohh, i have a wish..." function is more or less implemented :D
but only if the wish is in the range of possible realizationcapabilities !

also the easy to maintain factor is a really big plus for Group-Office. Have you looked at the code of the other OSS? believe me, we have checked a lot of them, because we were searching for a solution to jump on for our project practical course on university.

so, if someone finds a better solution, feel free to discuss it here !
Dont add years to your life, add life to your years!
angelodi

Postby angelodi » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:53 pm

meschareth wrote:so, if someone finds a better solution, feel free to discuss it here !
I have also tested many of such programs, including convea, tutos, phproject, egroupware and so on. Two years i was looking.....i have also testetd online solutions like directbox, inboxx, space2go, x.... (hmm...how was the right name...i have it forgotten).......

Forget everythink. GO ist just the best at this time, it is clear, stable, has a good practice handling and a nice gui and has very good coding structurs.

And also very good....if any one has a wish most of them find the way into GO in a short time.

Regards Angelo

P.S. For such a program it makes fun to make donations.....my next donation is coming soon, because i use this program more and more....i just missing little thinks (as described in the feature requests).