Sync GO with a calendar that belongs to a Windows Group

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other catagories :) (and of course is about Group-Office)

Moderator: Developers

GoAlways

Sync GO with a calendar that belongs to a Windows Group

Postby GoAlways » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 am

We have a Exchange/Outlook Group Calendar which I would like to sync to a Group-Office shared calendar.
To do this I believe I would requre a Group-Office Calendar shared from an Admin or a user account (for a none person, but generic user account like "localOfficeUser"), and using a product like Funambol, I would like to share this with our local office's Group Calendar, which belongs to a Windows Server Group called (for example) "HeadOffice". I have created a 30 day on-line trial, and this was easy, and is working well.

I installed Funambol to my workstation and then configured my own calendar to sync with my account on the trial Group-Office Calendar. All this works very well (quite impressed),but there seems to be no way in Funambol to select the Windows Server's "HeadOffice" group calendar to sync it with Group-Office.

The Outlook calender belongs to a Windows Group (e.g called "HeadOffice"), not a Windows User. Which is one way that Outlook can share a calendar among a group of people.

So is there a way to sync an Outlook (i.e. Windows Server/Exchange server) "group" calendar, with a Group-Office calendar.
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sync GO with a calendar that belongs to a Windows Group

Postby mschering » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:18 am

I'm not sure how to do this but maybe the Funambol support forum can help you?
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
GoAlways

Re: Sync GO with a calendar that belongs to a Windows Group

Postby GoAlways » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:24 pm

With more experience with Group Office, I noticed that you can select which calendar you want to sync with, and that it was possible to select another shared Calendar. It was not possible to select multiple calendars, as it is with Addressbooks, which is a great feature for Addressbooks.