Error in sharing folders

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other catagories :) (and of course is about Group-Office)

Moderator: Developers

Riaz

Error in sharing folders

Postby Riaz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:09 am

Dear all, I have an error with sharing folders. I use the GO community edition.
When sharing a folder, some other users in the same group cannot see the share.
And when removing a share, the shared folder is still shown in the profile of other users, and when clicking on the share, they get message "File not found - JsonStore load exception occurred".
Any ideas what to do?
Riaz
rosetta
Group-Office Expert
Group-Office Expert

Re: Error in sharing folders

Postby rosetta » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:16 am

Start menu > Admin tools > Database check

See if that fixes your problem.
Riaz

Postby Riaz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:43 am

I have just done the database check, no success.
Sharing calendars and address lists works fine.
The problem occurs only when sharing file directories.
When making a new share, it doesn't show up at other users, and when removing an existing share, it still shows up in the "shared" map of other users, but cannot be accessed (JsonStore load exception occurred) because it was removed already.

Any other advices?
Riaz

Postby Riaz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:11 pm

So at clean install everything works fine, also sharing folders, which can be seen by other members of the same group.
However, as soon as a user (let's say User A) has some documents uploaded, after that he can't see new shares of other users any longer....... and if a user removes a share, the shared folder is still shown under 'shared folders' of User A (but of course, not accessible)......

Any advice? I planned to purchase 2 licenses, but should be sure that this can be solved.

Please advise.

Riaz
Riaz

Postby Riaz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:54 pm

I have tried the procedure in the Group-Office demo, made a trial at http://dlgp.trials.group-office.com/
The same error occurs here.
Procedure was as follows:
- import 10 users
- add all users to group, named 'PIU'
- user A makes a shared folder, which shows up at other users (fine)
- user B makes also a shared folder, which shows up at other users (also fine)
- both user A and user B upload some documents in their shared folders, everything goes fine up till here
- user C makes a new shared folder, this folder is ONLY shown to users which DON'T HAVE documents or shared folders yet at that moment! Therefore, user A and user B, who have documents already, do NOT see the new shared folder which was made afterwards!

Looks like a bug; new shared folders are shown ONLY to users which do not have documents or shared folders yet!

You may check inside; user admin, password 1wmlk7

Please advise.
rosetta
Group-Office Expert
Group-Office Expert

Postby rosetta » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:02 pm

In your installation the following folders are shared:

Bas has shared "ICT werkmap-Riaz" with NO groups, but only with USER Fernand.

Fernando has shared "WAN" with NO groups, but only with USER Bas.

Iris has shared "Iris-shared" with ALL USERS in the GROUP "PIU".

So in this case the following should be expected:

Bas and Fernando should be able to see "ICT werkmap-Riaz", "WAN" and "Iris-shared"

Iris can only see her own folder (Iris-shared).

Is this what happens when you log in as Iris, Fernando and Bas?

It is a bit difficult figuring out who you actually mean by calling them "A", "B" and "C" .........
Riaz

Postby Riaz » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:09 am

Dear Eagle, thanks for your reply.

Current situation:
Bas has shared "ICT werkmap-Riaz" with Fernando.
Fernando has shared "WAN" with Bas.
Iris has shared "Iris-shared" with group PIU.

All users belong to group PIU (and all have password 123, for your convenience).

When logging in with user Bas and password 123, the share "WAN" and "Iris-shared" are NOT shown.
Bas is also part of group PIU.

When logging in with user Fernando (pw: 123), the share ICT werkmap-Riaz is shown, but NOT the share "Iris-shared". However, Fernando also belongs to the group PIU.

"Iris-shared" is only shown to group members which didn't have any shares when "Iris-shared" was made. Check for example in user Chris (pw: 123), there this share is shown because he has no shares of himself.

I have just made a new share under "Clarenca" and shared with group PIU. However, this share is NOT shown when logging in as another user. But you can see the share when logging in as admin.

On the other hand, when I remove a share, it only disappears at those users without shares of themselves.
The share will still be shown (but not accessible) at users who have shares already, for example Bas and Fernando.

Please advise.

Riaz
rosetta
Group-Office Expert
Group-Office Expert

Postby rosetta » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:21 am

Hi Riaz,

All shares show as they should but I had to click "Refresh" (for each user) to see all shares.

Here I am logged in as Bas, and I have clicked "Refresh" (or "Vernieuwen")
2012-01-05 08h13_29.jpg
2012-01-05 08h13_29.jpg (54.46 KiB) Viewed 4725 times
I'm not sure why it is nessecary to do this, though.

Perhaps someone else steps in with a better solution....
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:49 am

Something goes wrong with the cache. GO caches the shared folders for performance reasons. I'll look into this.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
Riaz

Postby Riaz » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:51 am

Hi Eagle,

The "refresh" solution indeed works.
However, every time a share is made, all users should be notified about the share in order to refresh there file manager.

Merijn, in addition to look into the 'cache' issue, it might be handy that users / group members can get a notification that a new share has been made and that they should refresh their file manager. Just like users can get a notification when a new account has been made for them.

Something like this: "Bas has added you to a shared folder. Please click 'refresh' in your file manager to see the folder'.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks so far!

Riaz
Riaz

Postby Riaz » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:58 pm

An additional workaround could be to automatically refresh the file manager when logging in (at the time of loading the modules). At this time, if a user logs off and again on, the file manager is not automatically refreshed.

Riaz