Where do you go, Group-Office???

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other catagories :) (and of course is about Group-Office)

Moderator: Developers

mbach

Where do you go, Group-Office???

Postby mbach » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:43 pm

It is just a really kind question...

GO4 ist out now. The major rewrite process is done.
Now there are many feature requests, which are open for months or even years.

Nobody really knows, where the journey goes.
It would be really great to have a feature roadmap with possible comments of the user base.
To have maybe a voting system to see, which features are really urgently needed.
And also to devide the voting in a community base and a pro base. Because community members maybe need other features than pro members in a business case.
And to be honest - the system at sourceforge is not really helpful.... Cause there is no real feedback for the long term.

Please use an own thread, if you want to add your most important feature request (e.g. but I need a mobile theme... :lol: ).

This is more a strategic question/discussion and - I personally assume - best answered by Merijn.

Thanks, of course, for your work and efforts until today, GO-Team!

Best regards, Markus
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Where do you go, Group-Office???

Postby mschering » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:45 am

I agree with you. There's no clear public roadmap. We want to build a feature request voting system on the website so we can see which feature request are most popular. We could use this system to point out which features are going to be implemented. For now these things are on top of the todo list:

1. Mobile interface
2. Z-push 2.0
3. VOIP intergration
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
Mikeyy

Postby Mikeyy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:55 am

I see lots of opensource and commercial apps use uservoice.com

For example:
http://opendocman.uservoice.com/forums/59191-general

or commercial app, look to me as same sollution, just integrated:
http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/1166 ... key-ideas-

When you register (facebook, twitter, google...) you get 10 points and you can assign 1 to 3 points to wanted features.
You can always remove points from feature and give it to something else. If feature gets developed, admin marks it as finished and you get your points back automaticaly.

Looks like a good script, maybe you can use it.
mbach

Postby mbach » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:14 pm

I would like to suggest to implement the urgently requested features for teamwork and collaboration, e.g. task management.

Many features and suggestions were made (I also sent you some suggestion about 2 years ago), but no real enhancements made it into the final release.

I think, there would be many thankful PRO-users for theses enhancements of the core features for a working business environment.

Thanks, Markus
dividis

Postby dividis » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:41 am

Hello,

A recent user of the Group-Office version 5.0, I was wondering if a mobile interface (mobile website interface rather than a mobile app to start with) is planned and will be soon available. It is not possible to use the web interface via Blackberry due to the screen size limitation on blackberry and quite difficult via iPhone even if you play with the zoom.

Thanks for your reply.
Best regards,
Arnaud.
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:14 pm

We're looking into these options right now. GO is based on Extjs which does not work on mobile devices. I will post a more in depth article on the blog tomorrow.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh