GO4 and Z-Push 2?

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other catagories :) (and of course is about Group-Office)

Moderator: Developers

Mikeyy

Re: GO4 and Z-Push 2?

Postby Mikeyy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:17 pm

This app should support it and it's free.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... klos.inote

Not sure if it works, but it says it's for tasks and notes.

About tutorial, I was thinking on wiki, device management, locking device, deleting device content etc...
Not even sure what's possible with z-push2.
DanielMalmgren

Postby DanielMalmgren » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Intermesh wrote:The z-push admin module is not required. It's optional and shouldn't be an obstacle for you.
I don't understand now... You mean if I hadn't installed the z-push admin module in GO, the sync wouldn't need as much permissions on the phone that's synchronizing?

/Daniel
Mikeyy

Postby Mikeyy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:17 am

I installed z-push2 and admin module 2 days ago and encountered few problems.

1. When some devices didn't want to connect to server I uninstalled z-push admin module. That caused bug that you could no longer delete emails from mobile device. When I installed z-push admin module back, I was once again able to delete emails from mobile device.
2. Deleting event from mobile device doesn't affect GO, event stays on GO. Not sure if root of problem is same as in point 1. but when I reinstalled z-push admin module, this didn't fix it. Tasks should be checked also, but I don't use them much so I didn't check.
3. I can no longer sync older devices (Nokia E90) which use Activesync 2.5. I just get message on mobile phone that it encountered problem, but z-push admin module doesn't even show attempt to connect. Will need to investigate this further, maybe by removing z-push admin module, but since that affect others I can't do it now.

Reported all this with support ticket (except Nokia E90 problems). Hopefully you can fix this soon.
rosetta
Group-Office Expert
Group-Office Expert

Postby rosetta » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:14 am

I can confirm that deletion of an event on the phone does not delete it in GO.

And syncing again brings the event back to the phone again (since it was not deleted in GO....).

I also found one more serious issue:

I installed Touchdown on my phone - to be able to sync notes.

1.Notes sync work, but does not respect the settings in GO Settings > Sync. So all note categories are synced.

2. I edit a note on the phone and sync it. Note is updated in GO. I uninstall Touchdown from my phone. The edited note is deleted in GO (!).

#2 above is dangerous, and I have entered it as a ticket.

Z-push2 is still in beta on GO, but I am sure they will iron out these bugs before they announce it as as stable.
Mikeyy

Postby Mikeyy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:24 am

Also, since I installed 4.1.46 email syncing seams slower.
Few min ago I checked my phone, sync manually emails and last email was from 9:43.
In online go I have 3 newer emails from 9:55 / 9:57 / 10:04.
Tryed syncing manually few times but that didn't help. After few min email app finally sinced again and showed 3 new emails.
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:04 am

All these issues have been reported in our ticket system and are being looked into.

Deleting was only implemented for email. That makes me wonder how it can be possible that uninstalling touchdown deletes notes in GO?!
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
rosetta
Group-Office Expert
Group-Office Expert

Postby rosetta » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:16 am

Intermesh wrote: Deleting was only implemented for email. That makes me wonder how it can be possible that uninstalling touchdown deletes notes in GO?!
Yes, I will try it once more and check if still happens.