Best Practice on Android

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other catagories :) (and of course is about Group-Office)

Moderator: Developers

Papageno

Best Practice on Android

Postby Papageno » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi,
as it seems to take a long time that GO will be useable on Android I like to start this thread to collect some expierience.
  • For Calendar I use S Planner, which is availible for Samsung devices and have good expierience. It works for task sync and calendar sync.

For contacts the phone integrated adressbook is working, but I found no solution to sort and search for company name. Private adresses will not be shown, that means not all fields are synchroniced.

One of the main problem are the files. To get them on the tablet for editing I found no better solution than to send them by email. Another things which works only in my LAN is the direct file link to the Samba share with Ghost Commander. To log in via Webinterface and download the file in GO doesn't work. I found no solution.

The other modules of course are not usable on the Webface because to work with them you need right clicks or access to the menu. I've tried hard but without success.
What are your best practice solutions? How do you work with GO on tablet or phone?

Please leave your expierience in that thread, thanks!

Hans
kln26rogg

Re: Best Practice on Android

Postby kln26rogg » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:21 am

The solution for contacts is "DW Kontakte" (german, in english maybe DW Contacts). You can search for company-names and they are shown with the contacts. But take care: If you add a company to GO without a contact, ist is not synchronized. First I thougt that it is a bug, now I use it as a feature when an address should be in GO, but not on my mobile. It has something to do with ActiveSync.

If you want to know, who is calling you (landline) and you use a Fritz!Box, install "Fritz Anrufmonitor".
JacobSmith

Re: Best Practice on Android

Postby JacobSmith » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:50 am

Papageno wrote:Hi,
as it seems to take a long time that GO will be useable on Android I like to start this thread to collect some expierience.
  • For Calendar I use S Planner, which is availible for Samsung devices and have good expierience. It works for task sync and calendar sync.

For contacts the phone integrated adressbook is working, but I found no solution to sort and search for company name. Private adresses will not be shown, that means not all fields are synchroniced.

One of the main problem are the files. To get them on the tablet for editing I found no better solution than to send them by email. Another things which works only in my LAN is the direct file link to the Samba share with Ghost Commander. To log in via Webinterface and download the file in GO doesn't work. I found no solution.

The other modules of course are not usable on the Webface because to work with them you need right clicks or access to the menu. I've tried hard but without success.

What are your best practice solutions? How do you work with GO on tablet or phone?

Please leave your expierience in that thread, thanks!

Hans

I think it actually depending on your tablet 's operating system right?