Week number in calendar

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other catagories :) (and of course is about Group-Office)

Moderator: Developers

DanielMalmgren

Week number in calendar

Postby DanielMalmgren » Wed May 15, 2013 9:18 am

Hi.
I noticed something strange about the selector in the top right corner of the calendar. When I'm in week view it shows week number, and when clicking the blue arrows it jumps one week at the time. Quite correct. When I'm in month view it shows which month is selected and the arrows make it jump one month at the time. Also correct. BUT when I'm in 1 day view it still shows week number, although the arrows moves one day at the time. So it takes seven clicks on the buttons to change it. Not logical. Either the number showed should be the date, or the arrows should move one week at the time.

/Daniel
rosetta
Group-Office Expert
Group-Office Expert

Re: Week number in calendar

Postby rosetta » Wed May 15, 2013 9:50 am

I like it the way it is...

When I look at the calendar i 1-day view the week number of the day I am looking at is shown. Isn't that a good thing?

In 1-day, 5-day and 7-day views the appropriate week number (for each of those views) is always displayed on the top right corner. Logical, imho.

In Month view, week number makes no sense there, so Month and Year is displayed.

Or am I missing something?
DanielMalmgren

Postby DanielMalmgren » Wed May 15, 2013 10:07 am

I just think its unlogical that a field showing the week number is surrounded by buttons that change the day.

But what about a compromize then. What if the field were to show both week number and week day? "Monday week 21".

/Daniel
rosetta
Group-Office Expert
Group-Office Expert

Postby rosetta » Wed May 15, 2013 10:19 am

What should the field display in 5 days view then?

:wink:
DanielMalmgren

Postby DanielMalmgren » Wed May 15, 2013 10:24 am

eagle wrote:What should the field display in 5 days view then?

:wink:
That view is fine the way it is. I guess it could display "Monday-Friday week 21", but that's kinda far fetched :)

/Daniel