Professional version

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other catagories :) (and of course is about Group-Office)

Moderator: Developers

Erl

Professional version

Postby Erl » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:26 pm

Hi,

Im a community version user... but

im interest to buy the professional version because im want the outlook sync... but there is not trial to see how it's work???if it's working good for our need etc. etc... I can see about the community trial , but not for the professional...

I want to know if there a way to taste the product before buying it???
ComSubVie
Group-Office Developer
Group-Office Developer

Postby ComSubVie » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:25 pm

that would be a good idea. i think testing over go.com-demo-account would be best solution for this, but i have no idea if that is the pro version. i also would like to test the sync functionality ;)
Erl

pro ver

Postby Erl » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:47 pm

And another thing...

When we buy this pro version... what appen with the update and fix... do we get it free for a lap of time? or we have to pay for it eatch time? or is it life time updated? it's not very clear to me ...

Ty

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:00 am

I would like to know the upgrade policy to before I buy.

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:42 pm

Is the professional version support as bad as the community version :lol:
dkittell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dkittell » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:35 pm

Anonymous wrote:Is the professional version support as bad as the community version :lol:

I can only speak for myself but the community version is free so support is sometimes limited. You get what you pay for in some cases. :)

My understanding when talking with Merijn the professional version would only work on one server. Updates are included and in some cases Intermesh will actually apply those updates on your server if you provide them with a uid and pwd.

I'm not sure if that will be the case for the latest pro version but before 11 came out that was my understanding, specifically that in my case the code would be encoded so that I can't change any code and would provide Intermesh with a username and password to update the system.

I have not yet paid for the pro version, have plans to buy it but at moment I have Share Point with bCentral and have to migrate accts long process.
David Kittell
Owner / Developer
Kittell.net
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:23 pm

Upgrades are not included. Only bug fixes. If bugs are found in your purchased version you will of course recieve an update. But not when a new release comes out.
Then you can purchase it again.
If you want full support and updates you can get a support contract like it was before the online purchase. Contact us for a support contract.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
mediatech

Postby mediatech » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:52 am

Intermesh wrote:Upgrades are not included. Only bug fixes. If bugs are found in your purchased version you will of course recieve an update.

What are the costs for upgrades? At this point the only motivation I have for paying for the professional version is to "donate" money to the project. The sync feature is another. If the upgrades are affordable I might consider sticking with the pro version only. What does it cost to upgrade to a new release?

I really think this is terrific software although the documentation could use a bit more work. I might even contribute to this. I just answered my question in the previous post concerning calendar views of other "users" not creating "views". Very happy with the results now.
dkittell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dkittell » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:53 pm

Intermesh wrote:Upgrades are not included. Only bug fixes. If bugs are found in your purchased version you will of course recieve an update. But not when a new release comes out.
Then you can purchase it again.
If you want full support and updates you can get a support contract like it was before the online purchase. Contact us for a support contract.

That was my confusion there, I thought there would be a support contract with this downloadable version, sorry for that. I'm personally more interested in the support contract version
David Kittell
Owner / Developer
Kittell.net

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:41 am

I have a few more questions about the usage terms for the professional version.

1) Does 1 machine limit mean the name server IP?
2) Does a machine limit mean I can use it on 1 server but many domains on that 1 machine?
3) What happens when change server providers and move to a different machine?
dkittell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dkittell » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:59 am

Anonymous wrote:I have a few more questions about the usage terms for the professional version.

2) Does a machine limit mean I can use it on 1 server but many domains on that 1 machine?

The downloadable pro version is different than what I was reffering to.
David Kittell
Owner / Developer
Kittell.net
mediatech

Postby mediatech » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:18 am

What are the differences and benefits between the support contract version and the professional version?
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:51 pm

5.Support and service
You will receive all the support you'll need. If you have problems related to Group-Office Intermesh will do anything in its power to solve it. Users may contact Intermesh by phone or e-mail and will be answered by a technician who speaks fluent English and knows Group-Office inside out immediately.

Support contract
1 Bugs and problems
1.1 Reports can be made by e-mail or phone. Reports will be answered within 4 working hours. Working hours are hours between 6:00 am and 6:00 om GMT
1.2 If the problems are caused by Group-Office then they will be solved instantly and free of charge. No matter how much working hours. Problems related to your hardware are not under no circumstances covered by this contract.
2 Management
2.1 Updates will be remotely installed and configured free of charge.
2.2 Users will be created and managed for you.
2.3 The user will have to provide are remote SSH login to Intermesh to allow Intermesh to install updates.
3 Making adjustments to the software
It could be that some parts of Group-Office doesn't work the way you want or you need a little fine tuning. Small adjustments that don take longer then two working hours can be made for free of charge. It is not allowed that somebody else then an employee of Intermesh makes adjustments to the Group-Office system. In that case all warranty is void.
4 Test environment
When we make changes or develop new software for you we install a test environment for you. This is a second installation of Group-Office where you can test the new software without the risk of damaging your live installation.
5 Contact
You will have one person who you have contact with and deals with your support. This way you are in contact with somebody who knows your situation
6 Advice
Intermesh is always there for you for questions about Group-Office. Intermesh can advise you about the hardware and operating system for example. Group-Office also works with a lot of other third party software. You can always ask for a professional advice.
7 Terms & payment
This agreement shall run until the end of the current year and you will be billed annually. The initial and minimum term of this Agreement is for 1 year. This Agreement shall automatically renew for a similar term thereafter, until terminated by either party with 30 days prior notice unless terminated in one of the following ways:
7.1 By either party, by notifying the other in writing by November 30 of any given year that this agreement will not be renewed.
7.2 By Intermesh, upon thirty (30) days' written notice, if user breaches any material and substantial provision of this agreement and has not cured by the end of the 30 days.
7.3 User becomes more than ninety (90) days in arrears in payment of its account with Intermesh
Best regards,

Merijn Schering

Intermesh
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:53 pm

The following restrictions apply:
-Hostname
-IP
-MAC address

This means one package per installation needs to be purchased.[/list]
Best regards,

Merijn Schering

Intermesh
Erl

Paying for eatch update?

Postby Erl » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:06 pm

U should not sell some (1,3,5 years) fully update package uptate?

who will be interest to paid for a version that gona be obsolete
in a month and have to repaid eatch time to be up to date!?!?! ...

this sound to my ears that community version will be more convinient for many many people even if the sync is only aviable in the pro ver...

BTW this Sync ver is a must .. it's sould be in the community ver

And be sure that is not because I don't want to pay for this... but U sould work on a good and clear billing plan ... good for u and your clients that encourage the progress of GO...

Return to “GroupOffice main discussion”