Intermesh wrote:With the new changes it's possible to seperate the installation specific data from the source package of Group-Office.
To do this you need root privileges and you need to set GO up in the following way:
1. upgrade GO with latest CVS and make sure you choose to put your configuration file in: /etc/Group-Office/APACHE SERVERNAME/groupoffice/subdir/config.php
2. When it asks where your local dir should be choose a folder outside the document root.
For example the user home dirs can be in /home/groupoffice/users and the local dir can be in /home/groupoffice/local
3. Now create an alias for the local dir so it's accessible through apache. In your virtual host section add : Alias /local/ "/home/groupoffice/local"
Now you can put the source of go into for example /usr/src/groupoffice-pro-2.11
and you can create links to it from your installations:
ln -s /var/www/html/groupoffice /usr/src/groupoffice-pro-2.11
Hi, i try it what you wrote....but i do not understand especially issue 1.
Is it possible to create a short step by step tutorial?
I try it..but i guess something is still wrong, so please just correct it:
0. Needs: Have GO >= 2.11 available, have a running Apache-Webserver, have Linux (i use Suse 9.3), have a mysql-database-user created.
1. login as root
2. Create directory "/etc/groupoffice/YOURDOMAINNAME/groupoffice/cfg
3. Copy config.php to this directory and edit it with your needed settings
4. Create Directorys /home/groupoffice/users and /home/groupoffice/local
(repeat steps 2. and 4. for all domains you need)
(use the in step 4. created local directory as path for the local-variable in your config.php)
(OPEN Question: How is the URL for the "local" variable? Can anyone help?)
5. Create Directory "/usr/src/groupoffice and copy/extract the whole content of the groupoffice-package to this directory
6. Edit http.conf within your apache directory (often in /etc/apache2):
In your virtual host section add : Alias /local/ "/home/groupoffice/local"
7. Create links in each of your wanted domains:
ln -s /home/groupoffice/public_html /usr/src/groupoffice
8. Finisehd...call your domains one by one and do normal group-office install steps
Attention: I does not use this really..so do not try it whit my example! It is only a step by step tutorial and i guess the todo steps...i hope intermesh or other users can use this example to make a very easy and correctly step by step tutorial.