Moderator: Developers

mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

iPhone sync!

Postby mschering » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:13 pm

I just received this message from Synthesis:

Synthesis Info 2/2009

iPhone calendar sync now possible with Todo+Cal+Sync!

With Todo+Cal+Sync 1.6 - now available on App Store - for the first time SyncML based calendar synchronisation becomes possible on the iPhone.

Todo+Cal+Sync now contains a full-featured calendar together with the advanced task management and the proven Synthesis SyncML client technology for synchronizing calendar, tasks and the iPhone address book, in a single iPhone application. With this, the iPhone can now be used with any of the numerous SyncML-enabled collaboration systems, on-line calendar services and groupware applications available on the market.

The calendar supports colored tags to manage multiple calendars easily. At any time entries from only one, multiple or all calendars can be displayed in month, day and list views by simply touching the corresponding colored tag. Month view gives full visual overview of your schedule - including a graphical representation of the scheduled time and allday events. For example, free evenings are visible at one glance - no need to open any detail views or browse though days.

The tasks manager goes beyond the functionality of most common todo lists, offering tasks that can have subtasks, colored tags which can be organized hierachically as well as in free form to manage even very large lists of tasks, ideas and projects efficiently. Since it's first release, it has been improved for speedier editing, quick change of priorities, reorganizing tasks and subtasks and many more detail refinements.

The built-in Synthesis SyncML client synchronizes calendar, tasks, and the iPhone address book with any SyncML compatible server of your choice.

At this time, there are two limitations set by Apple's iPhone SDK: Apple does not allow to access the internal iPhone calendar, nor sync with iCal, so the calendar in Todo+Cal works independently from the built-in iPhone calendar. Second, Apple does not allow reminder alerts. We hope Apple will lift these restrictions, so we can integrate the functionality.

To learn more about the application, please visit our special "Todo+Cal+Sync" page which provides a introductionary video for the task management features and links for downloading a short reference and a SyncML client manual in PDF format.

The upgrade to Todo+Cal+Sync 1.6 is free for all former customers of Todo+Sync 1.0 and Todo+Cal+Sync 1.5.

Note for iPhone developers: The synchronisation part of "Todo+Cal+Sync" is based 100% on our modular SyncML Client SDK. With this, it becomes easily possible for iPhone developers to equip their own iPhone applications with mature, high quality SyncML functionality. Just contact us (info@synthesis.ch) if you are interested in the iPhone version of the client SDK.

http://www.synthesis.ch/todosync.php
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
gmork

Re: iPhone sync!

Postby gmork » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:40 pm

Perfect. Simply Perfect :-)
wwwchrisde

Postby wwwchrisde » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:41 am

Hi,

before I run for the iTunes store to download the app I'd like to know if it is possible to use the syncing when running the community version of GO. I didn't find any notes pointing in any direction.

I'd love to sync with my phone.

Yours

Chris
never leave home without your own hardware
gmork

Postby gmork » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:02 pm

It is not possible with the community version, please read this:

http://www.group-office.com/Pricing%20a ... er+version

Return to “Announcements”