Installation on Shared Hosting

Having trouble installing Group-Office? No worries. Help is on the way.

Moderator: Developers

woodmr

Installation on Shared Hosting

Postby woodmr » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:15 pm

I've had a lot of trouble getting the latest version of GroupOffice installed on my shared hosting account. When I get to the last step of the installation process the page goes completely blank. Looking through the forum I saw some people had to install a previous version and then upgrade. I can install version 3.7.41, but when I try to upgrade to 4.0.51 it once against goes to a completely blank page. My apache log says

Code: Select all

PHP Fatal error:  Class 'PDO' not found in .../groupoffice/go/base/db/PDO.php on line 2

Any suggestions?
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation on Shared Hosting

Postby mschering » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:41 am

Do you run PHP 5.3?
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
woodmr

Postby woodmr » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:19 am

Yes: version 5.3.8
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:34 pm

PDO should be part of PHP out of the boc if I'm not mistaking. Do you have a custom build?
Best regards,

Merijn Schering

Intermesh
woodmr

Postby woodmr » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Hmm, not sure. I know that I looked into the PHP version to start with as a culprit, and found this blog post from my hosting provider about upgrading to 5.3. So now when I go to my phpinfo file it says I have 5.3.8.

Here's what the phpinfo file has related to PDO:

Configure Command    './configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/php53' '--enable-cgi' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-intl' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--enable-soap' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-wddx' '--enable-zend-multibyte' '--enable-zip' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-curlwrappers' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext' '--with-icu-dir=/usr' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-libexpat-dir=/usr' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/libmcrypt/' '--with-mm=/opt/mm/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-openssl-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/opt/pcre' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared' '--with-pic' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-pspell' '--with-sqlite=shared' '--with-tidy' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--with-xsl=/opt/xslt/' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr'

There's also a php.ini file in my root directory, and it has this at the end:

[Zend]
extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_sqlite.so
extension=sqlite.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so
woodmr

Postby woodmr » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:46 pm

Just checking to see if anyone has any ideas on what could be causing my problem. I can install things on my local Apache machine, just not on the live shared hosting account.
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:28 am

I don't know why PDO is not available. Something is wrong with the PHP install.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering

Intermesh
innovativehosting

Postby innovativehosting » Mon May 30, 2016 10:02 am

Shared Hosting, where provider have advantage to service several website using single server. If you want individual then it is best to get from Innovative Hosting Corporation. However, it used to provide different hosting service. Other than it used to provide incredible support and service. So what to look for just get the hosting service. You need to only login to get the hosting service.

Shared Hosting
rahulserverwala

Postby rahulserverwala » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:46 am

we offer cheap managed dedicated server to new and old clients. Festival season are running so you can get more benifits from offers.
mcharvat

Postby mcharvat » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:59 pm

There could be problem with permissions. If you have access to cPanel, kill all PHP processes and check file permissions. Also check phpinfo what modules are enabled for webserver. Also check if you enabled PDO module in correct php.ini (maybe you enabled it for cli only).

Return to “Installation”