Default contacts

Are you missing a feature in Group-Office. You can always try to request it!

Moderator: Developers

lucanet

Default contacts

Postby lucanet » Mon May 26, 2014 1:46 pm

Please, how can I change the default address book? for some reason, the default one, which receives new entries when GO offers a new entry (somebody that sent me mail) is not the one I want to be the default.

Thanks.
rosetta
Group-Office Expert
Group-Office Expert

Re: Default contacts

Postby rosetta » Tue May 27, 2014 10:15 am

I do not think there is a "default" address book setting but you can do it like this:

Go to address book module. Select one of the the address books in the upper west panel (so that you see only addresses from that selected address book).

GO will then offer to add new contacts to the selected address book.
lucanet

Postby lucanet » Tue May 27, 2014 1:25 pm

So when none is checked the default is the address book at the top? If so I can always perhaps move all contacts from 1 to the other, etc.

Anyways, I think its solved with your help. My address book was already the selected one and adding new contacts upon GO's offering was adding to other address book. But I marked another address book then unmarked it (the wrong one), marked the one I want again and this time it seems to have understood and new entries as per GO suggestions are going to the correct address book.

Thanks.
Scarlett

Postby Scarlett » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:21 am

I request this too. We are doing this now manually, which is not very user friendly.

Last edited by Scarlett on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
webwolfi

Postby webwolfi » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:09 am

it seems the "default" addressbookt is the one you made the last entery to
Owen346

Postby Owen346 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:35 am

If you open the Microsoft Office Outlook 2007Address Book and do not see the name or e-mail address you are looking for, you might need to choose another address book from the Address Book list. If you find yourself choosing another address book frequently, you can change the default address book that is displayed when you open the Address Book.
Pass4sure 400-101
200-120 Dumps

Return to “Feature requests”