Make Start Page->Announcements Text "Selectable"

Are you missing a feature in Group-Office. You can always try to request it!

Moderator: Developers

Would you like the text on the Start Page Announcements to be selectable?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1
jhsdurham

Make Start Page->Announcements Text "Selectable"

Postby jhsdurham » Tue May 17, 2016 5:12 pm

Hello,

The Start Page is a great place to provide our users useful tips and information. One thing missing is the ability for users to be able to highlight/copy text from the Announcements field to paste into something else. For example, we have an Announcements item that tells people how to setup their own auto-reply (being Windows Based, our system cannot use the Filters mechanism in GO). It shows them a specific format they must use.

But the users cannot user their mouse to select / copy the text from the Announcements window. It would be wonderful if for things such as that, and other useful tips, they could do so.
jhsdurham

Re: Make Start Page->Announcements Text "Selectable"

Postby jhsdurham » Tue May 17, 2016 6:37 pm

As a follow up.. I had thought maybe I could force this to work by creating a "mailto" link in the body of the Announcement posting. It won't work. GO keeps re-formatting and eliminating the content.

If I highlight a word, click the Link button, erase the http:// leader in the box that opens for setting the link, type in mailto:someaddress@this.ca?subject=set%20vacation&body=[ENABLE]%0Dyes

GO will re-format all of that to eliminate the %20 (spaces), %0D (carriage return) and even buggers up/won't use the ?subject= portion. A basic clickable link is made, but with no subject and no body pre-entered for the user. So that won't work at all. Would be great if it could, because then I just just make this into a Link my users could click on from the Announcement to already put the format in place for them, and they would just need to edit the date.

So.. they cannot select/copy text from the announcement body, and you cannot create mailto links to pre-format messages for people.
jhsdurham

Postby jhsdurham » Tue May 17, 2016 7:06 pm

Yes another attempt.

I was able to create an E-mail template, but it too hasn't quite got the right fit. It does not let me pre-set a Subject line. And I cannot create a hyperlink directly to the template from the Announcements text. So I would end up having to write i a while bunch of steps to tell a user how to find their way to the template. I very, very much prefer they copy/paste the format into a new e-mail, which is easy, or, to be able to them click a link directly in the Announcement to start the message pre-formatted.

This shouldn't be this hard.
jhsdurham

Postby jhsdurham » Tue May 17, 2016 8:07 pm

BUG too...

In Announcements, you can make the FIRST link you insert into target="_blank" to make the link open in a new window. But every other link you try to make do that fails.. again, the Announcements wipes out the formatting in code mode entirely.

Return to “Feature requests”