Document Management

Are you missing a feature in Group-Office. You can always try to request it!

Moderator: Developers

peter_stirnberg

Document Management

Postby peter_stirnberg » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:07 pm

It would be very nice and usefull to integrate a document management system like alfresco into GO. Any plans on this?

Best regards
Peter
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Document Management

Postby mschering » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:36 am

Can you describe the features you require?
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
peter_stirnberg

Postby peter_stirnberg » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Well, this is not an easy answered question, but to start with some basics let's go:

- import any kind of paper document (like A4, notice cards eg.) by an integrated scan-engine
- this scan-engine has to do some ocr, automaticly tagging the document with keywords (store them in a database) and generate a pdf-a document to ensure document security and store the docs in file-storage (cifs) (and link them to the depending informations in the database)
- import any kind of electronic documents (mail, attachements eg.) and doing the same as in paper documents
- generating workflows (which document (depending on keywords in header or body) goes to which recepient for further working with them)

Best regards

Peter
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:38 am

The workflow feature is already almost complete. The other features are planned for early 2010.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering

Intermesh
mbach

Postby mbach » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:14 pm

Is there already a feature planned of versioning of documents???
That would be really helpful and I think you would really make sense for a working collaboration.

And especially for document management please read my comment http://www.group-office.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5641#p19890 about legal archiving.

Thanks and Cheers, Markus
Papageno

Postby Papageno » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 am

I've done a lot of testing with document management. I've used archivista, which is especially designed for that. But unfortunally (or luckily for GO) it's not very handy. It is more or less just for archieving. There is a problem with OCR as well, I didn't find an useable open source solution which could be easily integrated. But you're right, at least for the legal notes. There is much more coming up in the future. E.g, GO has already the possiblity to write invoices in different languages, which is inside EU a law since 2010. But it doesn't lock an invoice record. It is possible to change it afterwards. You can take a look in the history for the changes with the status. I don't know if this is enough. Is there a lawyer in the forum who can answer these questions ?

But what I like to say. I use a scanner which sends all documents to a FTP account which can be reached by GO. A cronjob changes the ownership, because otherwise you can not move the files inside GO. Then I give them new names with some keywords. I assign them either to a contact, company,folder or project. Then the documents could be found by the search function.

My wish for this is only to have a function which shows documents for a company and the contacts assigned to together in one list (Maybe with the contact name in a line). Because sometimes you have multiple contact persons for the same thing. It could be handled by project and links as well, but my expierience is, that I forget sometimes to link :? And search, search, search...

Best Regards

Hans

Best Regards

Hans
mbach

Postby mbach » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi papageno,

nice to see you again.
As far as I know there must be a verison of an invoice, which is not changable, but reproducable. In clear words that means a PDF format (mostly PDF/A), which is not changable (in a normal way) and reproducable by printing the file.
So what happens with standard invoice software? After an invoice is printed/closed/a PDF written, the record is definitly locked. So no changes can be made.
If you want to change afterwards, you have to make an cancellation. In most of the software there is a button "cancel and new" which means cancelling an old invoice (with cancellation number), mark old record as cancelled and create a new invoice with the data of the cancelled one (but with a new invoice number). Quite difficult, but that's the way it has to work...

Cheers, Markus
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:03 am

You can lock an invoice at the status properties. There's a checkbox to make it read only in a particular status.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering

Intermesh
nibor00

Postby nibor00 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:13 pm

Hello there,
Does the group office provide document editing services?
Thanks in advance

Return to “Feature requests”