Appointments (and task) as a source for timetracking.

Are you missing a feature in Group-Office. You can always try to request it!

Moderator: Developers

roeland

Appointments (and task) as a source for timetracking.

Postby roeland » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:14 am

Hi,

We would like the function to (automatically) import the used time of an appointment (and tasks if start / end time returnes like in GO2.18) into the timetracker.
This would save quite some time. Many of the activities are being placed as an appointment in the calender. (date, (start/end) time, linked project (!!!!), users who have accepted this appointment, etc...) And this could also prefend loss of time in the timetracker because users forget to book the time.
A more of less simple click on a button or change of (preferred) change of a status to for example "completed" would trigger the event.

A administrator should have the possibillty to enable of disabled this function (per group).

I ve seen this feature in a few other applications and I think I ve seen this function also in an old betaversion of GO.

Regards.

Roeland
gregoire

Re: Appointments (and task) as a source for timetracking.

Postby gregoire » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:28 am

Has this ever been given thought?
gregoire

Postby gregoire » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:32 pm

I have been thinking about this and I came up with the following.
When in Projects you can make projects and subprojects. When I click on a subproject (the endnode) there is nothing to see in the center panel (it is empty as if there really is nothing going on.( yes the east panel shows some info but this should only be used for a summary). To me it doesn't make sense and it would be a shame if it wasn't used in a intelligent way.

But there are many ways to get to Rome.
Last edited by gregoire on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
gregoire

Postby gregoire » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:48 am

Wait. Nobody cares about this?

More graciously; I love my idea.
Last edited by gregoire on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:47 am

Yes, we care. But we can't implement all feature requests. We look at them everyday and things that stand out will be implemented. We have quite a lot of work todo at the moment. And what your asking for is also quite a big feature to implement.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
gregoire

Postby gregoire » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:53 am

Intermesh wrote:Yes, we care. But we can't implement all feature requests. We look at them everyday and things that stand out will be implemented. We have quite a lot of work todo at the moment. And what your asking for is also quite a big feature to implement.
Well, if this is given a thought I know Intermesh is capable enough to implement something maybe even better. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, didn't mean it like that.
If this will get on the features list that would be nice.
mbach

Postby mbach » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:04 am

But I think, subtasks should be a feature, which is standard in most of CRM software available on the market...

Cheers, Markus
gregoire

Postby gregoire » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:13 pm

I just saw how there was a projects calendar added to the calendar module.
I love the Projects Calendar. It opens possibilities. A few things I don't understand though.
In the demo I saw the Projects Calendar named "ICT project". Does it correlate with a project? Because if it does I don't see it. Are "Project Calendar" views? Like, I would see the people assigned to that project and there planning in that view?
Or would I see the tasks/subtasks?