Approval of whole folders

Are you missing a feature in Group-Office. You can always try to request it!

Moderator: Developers

boltho

Approval of whole folders

Postby boltho » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:35 am

I have a question concerning the following case:

2 companies are using group-office seperatly. Files which they want to exchange have to be sent by mail.

The idea would be to that Company A creates a folder with approval for the company B.
Company B would then have to embed the approval in "files" (like webdav but in the document module)

-> Does the possibility exist to give such an approval for a whole folder (via link)?
-> And is it possible to embed this approval, like in webdav just directly in group office.

Thx
boltho

Re: Approval of whole folders

Postby boltho » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Any news here?
gregoire

Postby gregoire » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Do you mean they both use groupoffice but seperate installations on different servers? Wouldn't it be easier to give them an account on eachothers groupoffice installation?

Then again. If These companies exist on the same installation and one needs files from the other that would be super handy.
rasobar

Postby rasobar » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:09 pm

Let the two companies use the same GroupOffice instance and create two groups.
They can sync files via owncloud, but only their own plus those, they offer to share for each other.
boltho

Postby boltho » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:38 pm

That’s how it could be done. I will then have to establish and administer additional groups and users. Additionaly I have to confer right to folders so that they can be seen.
Basicly I need the function „e-mail download link“ not just for file level but for folder level. That way it would be possible for me to give the rights to external users without implementing them to my system. More or less the same function that dropbox is using by granting access as soon as a Link is choosen.