GO showing WRONG Calendar at login!

Get help from the community here.

Moderator: Developers

jhsdurham

GO showing WRONG Calendar at login!

Postby jhsdurham » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:31 am

GO v 5.0.65
Web browsers - any (Firefox, Chrome, IE)

I got my first report of this yesterday afternoon. A manager logged in to GO with her name, but noticed that GO actually started her off at another person's calendar. It shows HER name as the Logged in As, but someone elses calendar is checkmarked for the view to be looked at. Checked her Settings and it shows that her own calendar should be the starting point.

Now I just had it happen to my login - I see my name as the Logged In As... but I am getting somebody elses calendar (not the same person the Manager was getting).
And, if you log in, click My Calendar to get your own calendar back on screen, then open Settings -> Calendar tab, then just Click Ok to close the settings window which causes GO to refresh your screen, it keeps setting me BACK to that other person's calendar view. This is a friggin mess, because people are going to start booking stuff in the wrong place, in each other's calendar!

I've run Database Repair, Duplicate check (no dupes found), Create Search Index, re-logged in and the issue remains.
Rebooted the server, the issue remains.
Never had this happen before.. but for it to suddenly be expanding? Something is screwed up in .65 because that's the only change to our system in the past 72 hours. I had hoped 65 would resolve many BB sync issues as per the notes in the Change Log.. and instead things are worse.
jhsdurham

Re: GO showing WRONG Calendar at login!

Postby jhsdurham » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Still seeing this myself, and more users are now reporting it - 18 out of 65 users now. It's spreading.

I've now also tried a full mysqldump and re-import to clean up tables and indexes, no difference. This isn't table corruption, this must be something wrong in the .65 code.
jhsdurham

Postby jhsdurham » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:19 pm

Problem continues.. people getting ticked off at all the mistakes cropping up. My own login consistently starts me off at another guy's calendar view. Some people it doesn't seem to affect at all and they do get their own calendar at login. Anyone else seeing this with GO v5.0.65 ?
jhsdurham

Postby jhsdurham » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:49 am

We're disappointed to see no reply, and no action on this. After paying for the software the past 2 years, and providing any tech support info to others as much as we can for solutions we encounter, this issue of corrupt display and fail to sync that has gone on for months is just too much. We're going to Google Calendars.
peter_stirnberg

Postby peter_stirnberg » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:11 pm

I think, Merijn doesn't read this forum every day. But when you're a customer with GO prof. version, you can login into your account and use the ticket system to get help ASAP.
Oh and by the way, I have 5 GO prof and com installations 5.0.65 - one of them with about 100 users - and never heard of this problem of yours. So in this particular case I can't help you because I can't reproduce your bug report.

Best regards
Peter
rosetta
Group-Office Expert
Group-Office Expert

Postby rosetta » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:00 am

We do experience the same bug as jhsdurham on a GO installation with approx 300 users. But it does not affect all users.

I have entered a ticket with Intermesh and linked it to this discussion.
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:28 am

Sorry, I was on a holiday so therefore not active on the forum last week.

I believe that clearing the state solves it for a user: Go to settings -> look and feel -> Reset windows and grids.

You can do it for everyone by executing:

truncate table go_state;
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh