Insert Data into Addressbook from website

Get help from the community here.

Moderator: Developers

amdoffshore

Insert Data into Addressbook from website

Postby amdoffshore » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi,
I remember that there was a way to have people insert details into the Address book from a website, without beeing logged in?
I want to create something like a "application" page, where everyone who wants can insert all his details (best including Custom fields).
And if this would also work with file Upload (CV or similar)... it would be amazing
Any Idea?

Many thanks

Martin
mcharvat

Re: Insert Data into Addressbook from website

Postby mcharvat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:21 pm

Without captcha and other security elements this is the way to hell :) People are stupid and they will fill text into phone number etc.

So frontend should validate data strongly + similar validation has to be also on backend. Backend can simply connect to CRM database and create new record or call create method with curl. However for curl you have to have valid account in GO which is strictly recommended because you will see who created the record. Second option will be also required with incoming GDPR.

My recommendation - split these data into separate addressbook.
IT Analyst, Independent seasoned Group-Office developer, Educator of web applications
amdoffshore

Postby amdoffshore » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:54 pm

clear, captcha would be needed. Any of cause the Data should be first inserted into a address-book and then contact can be moved into the real one.
Anhow currently we use https://formtools.org/ and that means a lot copy & paste.
Of cause this is much safer: Different subdomain, different MySQL.
mcharvat

Postby mcharvat » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:23 pm

In this case you will use API endpoint and you will set up permission for the users. So you have to use different domain too. You only have to have GO API visible to internet.
IT Analyst, Independent seasoned Group-Office developer, Educator of web applications