FATAL Php Error out of memory

Get help from the community here.

Moderator: Developers

jhsdurham

FATAL Php Error out of memory

Postby jhsdurham » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Please help - after last night's upgrade, things seemed fine at 3am.
I woke this morning to a complete nightmare - the pphp error log fills with errors about fatal memory error

PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 8388608) (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in

php.ini was even increased to 1024M for memory limit and phpinfo shows it is being set as such.
Http2 is not enabled.

It seems the thing runs fine for about 2 minutes then anyone trying to log in gets this message popping up
"Could not load application javascripts. Check the 'host' property in config.php and see if the file_storage_path folder and its contents are writeable"

Well of course they are. Its the same config settings we've used for years. We just upgraded from 6.1.139 to 6.2.101

I also get these errors in the Apache log
VirtualAlloc() failed: [0x00000008] Not enough storage is available to process this command.
VirtualFree() failed: [0x000001e7] Attempt to access invalid address.
jhsdurham

Re: FATAL Php Error out of memory

Postby jhsdurham » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:27 pm

We may be good..

It seems, and I recall seeing mention of it before, that PHP 7.1 has stupid issues with thread safe. I recall seeing a few times as we were planning our upgrade from 5.6 that people said to just go to 7.2 and that is what we did. Last night I then had to go backwards because GO only works with 7.1

Why would you guys not make GO work with 7.2 which is more stable and has no issues with thread safe? This screwed us for hours this morning, after I had to spend hours late into the night last night just trying to back down to 7.1 as well.

The fix, so far, seems to be to run as fastcgi instead of loading the DLL for php. One such remark about thread safe being broken in 7.1 is found here (there are many others in other sites).
https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=7964