Anyone running 6.3 on Windows ?

Get help from the community here.

Moderator: Developers

jhsdurham
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:04 am

Anyone running 6.3 on Windows ?

Postby jhsdurham » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:49 pm

Is anyone running GO 6.3 on a windows server yet?

We have been using GO under Server 2008r2 for years, and currently running the latest 6.2
It sounds like 6.3 (from the system requirements at https://groupoffice.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install.html#system-requirements ) is only going to work in Linux?
jhsdurham
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:04 am

Re: Anyone running 6.3 on Windows ?

Postby jhsdurham » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Ok.. I'm terrified as to how bad this might go, but.. I'm going to try installing it.
jhsdurham
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:04 am

Re: Anyone running 6.3 on Windows ?

Postby jhsdurham » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:59 pm

First snag in trying to upgrade from 6.2.101 to 6.3.32
(and yes, Search and Custom Fields modules were installed on the 6.2 we had running)

I did a bunch of reading, backups, prep.. and just ran the /install folder.
The first time i ran it, it presented a long list of table modifications and ended with this. Now when I re-fresh on that upgrade.php screen I keep just getting this showing up.

Core 6.3 upgrade done!
Excuting query: INSERT INTO `go_model_types` (
`id` ,
`model_name`
)
VALUES (
null, 'GO\Comments\Model\Comment'
);
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'jhscal.go_model_types' doesn't exist
Query: INSERT INTO `go_model_types` (
`id` ,
`model_name`
)
VALUES (
null, 'GO\Comments\Model\Comment'
);
Package: legacy
Module: comments
Module installed version: 5
Module source version: 6
Last edited by jhsdurham on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhsdurham
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:04 am

Re: Anyone running 6.3 on Windows ?

Postby jhsdurham » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:24 pm

I believe there is BUG in the upgrade design.

Looking at the long list of changes the process undertakes and outputs on screen, it RENAMES the go_model_types table to core_entity way early on.

Then near the end (or the end of what I see) it is trying to insert data into the old name, which obviously doesn't exist anymore. This completely blocks any ability to upgrade properly, leaving you stuck.

I cannot find in any file, anywhere under the installation folder, any existence of the actual command that tries to write to this renamed table. This makes no sense at all, so I can't even edit out this buggy code to try to work around it.

This error should have been caught before this was released. I realize alot of work goes into this, but really this should not have happened at a most fundamental level. I've now got no choice but to go completely backwards.. wasting half a day of my time coming in on my day off, preparing for, and finding failure of this to be able to move forward.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron