Help! header and footer disappear when entering modules

Get help from the community here.

Moderator: Developers

explorart

Help! header and footer disappear when entering modules

Postby explorart » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:42 pm

Hello all. we just installed 2.14 with PhP MySQL and everything works fine except:

When the admin or any of the users click on any of the modules that appear on the footer (calendar, files, etc) it takes you to the module but the footer menu and the header disappear. Now there is no way to go to another module or to log out. you have to either keep clicking back to get you to the start up page or delete everything from /modules/ on the url.

Does this happen to anyone else. Is there a fix?

Thank you

XP.
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:34 am

Which browser is this?
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
explorart

Postby explorart » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:23 pm

Well this is very strange. This morning I tested it again and everything is working right. I was using IE 6.0. Well, thank so much. XP.
nikwik

Postby nikwik » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:40 am

We are using 2.14 Pro and some of our users have experienced the same behaviour. The browsers used are IE and FireFox on Windows, and FireFox on Linux and Solaris platforms.
Also it seems intermittent as explorart said, it may not work for a short period of time and suddenly there is no problems and everything is working fine! Strange. Can this have something to do with the capacity of the connection in some way? Or the configuration of the browser?

// N
ericinwisconsin

Postby ericinwisconsin » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:59 pm

The same thing happens to me, but only when I'm logged into my computer as one user, not as another. This leads me to believe that the problem is with the cookies. Anyone else agree or disagree?
pjof451

Missing header and footer

Postby pjof451 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:29 pm

Exactly the same thing is happening to me but again intermittently and for all users. I’m using IE6 on a WinXP SP2 machine. Has any body seen a fix for this?