ActiveSync on 3.4?

Get help from the community here.

Moderator: Developers

calcorn

ActiveSync on 3.4?

Postby calcorn » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:12 pm

A couple of questions:

1) Is this now available in all editions, or just in the Commercial edition?

2) Is there any guide on how to set this up? Many of our employees use iPhone and Nokias. I have no idea what to put in for the settings. I assumed additional software was not needed for these phones. . .
brainbows

Re: ActiveSync on 3.4?

Postby brainbows » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:01 am

Rephrasing the question of calcorn: Does the support of ActiveSync now mean that the GO-calendars can be synced with the Calendar-App of Apple on the iphone?
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Sync is only in the pro version.

ActiveSync sync's with the apple calendar app of the iphone. You need to set the group-office servername as host in the phone and your username and password. Domain is irrelevant.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
acidlog

Postby acidlog » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:53 am

is there a plan to sell a seperately sync module similiar to the billing module?
calcorn

Postby calcorn » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:24 pm

If you search that topic, it has already been suggested but they do not ever plan on it for several reasons. I'll let them explain, or see the other posts. I would be greatly appreciated, but I understand their reasons too. In the meantime take a look at http://sourceforge.net/projects/go-syncml/ I got this working somewhat with Sunbird/lightning, but not outlook or our Nokia Phones. Still needs some work and the developers seem to be at a stand still. Unfortunately I have no skills to help them with it. But the calendar at least syncs one way, sometimes two way (to my Sunbird/Lightning installation). Address book still seems not to be working all the way.