Conflict Checker

Get help from the community here.

Moderator: Developers

awalsh

Conflict Checker

Postby awalsh » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:14 pm

I recently upgraded to 3.4 (listed as 3.3.24) and since the upgrade whenever I add an event to a calendar it tells me that there is a conflict, even when there is no conflicting event in that calendar. It would appear to be checking ALL calendars available to me because if I add an event for say 5 years in the future it works with no conflict warning.

Is there a fix for this in an upcoming build?
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Conflict Checker

Postby mschering » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:25 pm

I just checked the code and it only checks the resources and the current calendar. Are you sure there's no all day event perhaps?
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
awalsh

Postby awalsh » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:39 pm

There are no all day events on the select calendar, however there are some all day events on other calendars. We also do not use resources. My suspicion about it checking all calendars was brought about by me being able to add an event 5 years in the future and it did not display a conflict (because no other calendar has anything beyond a month or two from now).

Generally across all calendars the events are between 09:00 till 17:00, during any of these times I seem to get conflicts, but if I add an event for 18:00 then it works fine.
rosetta
Group-Office Expert
Group-Office Expert

Postby rosetta » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:39 pm

Maybe this is related to this (possible) bug?

http://www.group-office.com/forum/viewt ... f=6&t=6008
awalsh

Postby awalsh » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:42 pm

It could be, I have tried entering events with both the Busy flag ticked and unticked and I get the same result.
awalsh

Postby awalsh » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:58 pm

Intermesh, Do you have any idea what could be causing this? Should I continue this via Email since I have a license or is it better on the forums?

It would be nice to have some kind of config option (either globally or on a calendar by calendar basis) to disable the config checker. But currently it has to be a bug in 3.3.24 (3.4 mislabeled). When the debian packages appear for later builds I will attempt an update and see if the bugs were fixed in a later build.
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:28 pm

I found the problem. A new release with the fix will be released today.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh