linking calendar appointments to the contact record

Get help from the community here.

Moderator: Developers

jamyrbz

linking calendar appointments to the contact record

Postby jamyrbz » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:24 pm

At times we add an appointment directly to the calendar without adding it through the contact record. I need to be able to link these appointments after the fact. I go and click the "link" button but when I try to search for the contact, no records appear.

Help!
gregoire

Re: linking calendar appointments to the contact record

Postby gregoire » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Just click the search button after you typed % in the text field, it will show results. If your not sure just type in a few letters.
jamyrbz

Postby jamyrbz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Thank you for the response, Gregoire. Unfortunately I have tried that, and when I type in the contact record name, and click the search feature and no data or records are pulled up at all. I have the contact, company and appointment "types" checked, but still nothing appears. Even if I click all the types, no records are pulled up.

Yet, I am able to link email by clicking the SAVE AS, and then doing a search the same way and the records appear?

I am new to GroupOffice, is there phone support or an actual user training manual to learn this system and all of the features? I know we are under-utilizing the power of this CRM, because no one has been trained on it. Sadly, I believe we will need to change systems, because of this issue among many others that we can't seem to find answers to.

I would really appreciate further guidance as to how to contact support and if there is a solution to my initial problem.

Thank you, I appreciate your efforts.

-Jamie
rosetta
Group-Office Expert
Group-Office Expert

Postby rosetta » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:55 pm

I wonder if what you are doing is in fact searching in existing links only?

There are at leat two ways you can use to link an existing appointment to a contact:

1. In calendar view, right click on the appointment and select New > Link. Search for the contact and link it.

or

2. If you double click the appointment (as to edit it), you can use the "Link" button. But then you will have to click the other link button (that you find in the newly opened window .

It seems to me that you have only done the first part of #2, and that you in fact are searching only in (non)existing links....
jamyrbz wrote: I am new to GroupOffice, is there phone support or an actual user training manual to learn this system and all of the features? I know we are under-utilizing the power of this CRM, because no one has been trained on it. Sadly, I believe we will need to change systems, because of this issue among many others that we can't seem to find answers to.
If you have the PRO version the company behind GroupOffice will give you directely access to their support ticket system. They stand behind their product 100% and will go a long way to help out with any problems.

The GO Wiki is a good place to start for learning GO. Click Help > Help for the Wiki.

If you are using GO in a company environment you really should get the PRO version. In some countries you can also find GO resellers that offer support and training.