Development Howto

Discuss about Group-Office development here

Moderator: Developers

mcl.mmu

Development Howto

Postby mcl.mmu » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:36 am

Hi all,

could one please post me link where to begin reading how to develop my own modules or integrate existing php scripts?

Thank you for any help
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Development Howto

Postby mschering » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:48 pm

Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
richarddodd

Postby richarddodd » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:04 am

I found it tricky to start writing my own php/modules. The key points are (I think)

- Groupoffice uses directories in the `modules` directory for modules - each folder is a module
- Groupoffice uses ModulenameModule.php to autoload the module
- Groupoffice uses a very object-oriented approach to backend coding - if you want to do the simple things you really don't need to write much code but you can override behaviour as and when you need
- Use Extjs3 for front-ent stuff - the extjs3 docs are great!
- A few groupoffice additions to extjs - e.g. TabbedFormDialog to easilly create multi-tab dialogs corresponding to a model, and also custom stores that do extra stuff
- I use the 'notes' module as a guide to understanding how to code a standard simple module.

Hope this helps!
ikayoo

Postby ikayoo » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:20 am

Hey,

I followed your advice and tried to only display a hello world on a new module by following the instruction in the wiki.

Unfortunatly, after that, when I'm trying to go to 'admin menu -> modules' it gives me this error message :

An error occurred on the webserver.Contact your system administrator and supply the detailed error. JsonStore load exeption occurred

Return to “Development Chats”