How to edit calendar Module forms

Discuss about Group-Office development here

Moderator: Developers

sharad.softobiz

How to edit calendar Module forms

Postby sharad.softobiz » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:00 pm

Hello,

I am Sharad, I am new with the group office interface. I need to edit the modules, as i want to remove pop-up from add event in calendar module, i i want to show those add event form on the main screen. But I couldn't specify the relevant files, where i have to change. Please tell me which file have those add event forms, and where is the pop-up applied on those forms.

Regards,
Sharad Goel
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to edit calendar Module forms

Postby mschering » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:25 am

You'll have to start off with learning the ExtJS framework:

http://www.extjs.com

The files you need to edit are Calendar.js and EventDialog.js.

PS: I don't recommend doing what you are doing because you are going to drift away from the core project and this makes updating practically impossible.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
sharad.softobiz

Re: How to edit calendar Module forms

Postby sharad.softobiz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Thank you very much Merijin for your reply.
I am reviewing the www.extjs.com.
Can we use a google calendar toolkit to develop a calendar module in GO. if we need a calendar same like google calendar. actually i want to develop forms on calendar with pop-up, like here we are using a pop-up form of ExtJs to add events in calendar.
Actually not able to find out, in which file of Calendar module forms are generating and from where it's fetching the data for showing the data in grids.
In calendar.class.inc.php i did some some changes in different methods, but it's not effecting on the Calendar modules, and forms and data is showing as same. I have also try some changes in different files of Module, but it's not affecting to front-end.
I am new with extjs, and basically a php developer in completely my learning phase, and i found GO a good plateform to be familiar with json, JS and extJs. Please help me to understand these things.

Regards,
Sharad