Gantt implementation

Discuss about Group-Office development here

Moderator: Developers

zsolt

Gantt implementation

Postby zsolt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:03 pm

After using GO for some time now in the company, local management asked me to find a way to implement a Gantt chart which diplays information about projects, tasks.. and so on. They marked this number 1 priority on my list, so i want to ask for some help. Basic scenario would be to display static information about project flow, including start-due times and dependencies for project 'nodes'. (and i guess they want to end up with a fully interactive gui controlling projects and tasks all together)

As for start, i found this http://www.bryntum.com/examples/gantt-l ... basic.html chart, which seems very well done with nice api documentation, which is great, but i have doubts about i would able to get the proper data scheme from GO needed for the datastore building up the gantt chart.. and this is partly because of the encryption of the project module's model and controller. However i would able to make requests from javascript (requesting "projects/project/store") than re-parse the response into a custom store required by the chart or i could define own models and controllers using the project table, either ways it would result hardly maintainable code in case something (table structure for example) changes during GO version update..

Soo.. is there any 'elegant' way to 'obtain data' from the project model without knowing anything about it? Or is there a chance that you GOdevs add some sort of *interface* for the project model which through the structure needed for the Gantt above can be created?
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gantt implementation

Postby mschering » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:37 pm

This is a difficult question. We're currently in the process of upgrading our projects and time modules. We're still brainstorming on how to do this ourselves.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
zsolt

Postby zsolt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:55 am

can i ask, how likely will the (projects) database structure change? ..thinking about define a custom model based on that data
saschapi

Postby saschapi » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm looking into buying the pro version, but I need GANTT charts! Do you plan to incorporate this feature?
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:02 am

Yes, in time. BUt it's not there right now.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
runciter

Postby runciter » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Hi,

Is there anything new about this feature ? I also intend to buy the pro version, and the gantt feature should take the decision.

Thank you
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Could you share an example of what kind of gantt you like?
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
runciter

Postby runciter » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi,

Well the kind of gantt represented in the example by zsolt in the top of this topic goes well.
I want a graphical presentation of the task, with task group, progression and hierarchy.

Do you have a roadmap for the release of this package ?