User Authentication Bridging?

Post modules, themes or any other code you want to share with the community.

Moderator: Developers

Russ

User Authentication Bridging?

Postby Russ » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:26 am

Folks

I have just found GO and am astounded, it is very close to what I have been looking for for my small business. we have a number of folks travelling and a need to share information and schedules with end-users and clients. To date during my testing I have been more than impressed, thanks for your efforts and OpenSource methodolgy.

We also make use of Joomla as our front-end for our website and some end-user interaction. Has anybody considered or worked on a module/component which would allow us to make use of a single sign-in? We have customer accounts in Joomla and GO and would like to either syncronise the two UiD's and passwords or have GO authentic its User name and password from the Joomla CMS.

Thanks for your time

Russ
robertsm

Joomla Bridge

Postby robertsm » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:21 am

Russ,

We also use GO and Mambo/Joomla. Not sure if you know, but there is a thread on the old Mambo Forums about a bridge for Mambo/Joomla & GO...

http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthread ... oup+office

It works pretty well for us. One weak link, though, is not having a single logout. That is, if someone logs out of the Mambo/Joomla account, but doesn't logout of GO, they aren't necessarily logged out of GO. This really only becomes a problem with a shared workstation if the GO cookie hasn't expired by the time the next user logs into Joomla. If your users are not sharing computers than this may not be much of a problem for you.

Oh, something else to keep in mind: the bridge makes use of a wrapper within Joomla, so depending on your template you may have issues with side columns.

Good luck!
Matt
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:31 am

Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
research23

Re: User Authentication Bridging?

Postby research23 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:28 am

Hi all,

has anything changed?

I'm trying to use the user authentication between Joomla 1.5 and GroupOffice 2.17.
I configured the LDAP auth of the Joomla and I found some guidlines about the LDAP auth GroupOffice.

I have also configured a wrapper in Joomla to show the GO in the same window if the user wants to log himself in then
there opens up a new window.

My question is, if it's possible to disable the login page or to use the browser cache?

any idee ??
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:13 am

GO 3.0 has no support for LDAP yet.

But it should be quite simple to write an LDAP auth module very simular to the imapauth module. Check out the wiki page and the imapauth module code.

http://www.group-office.com/wiki/Event_handling
Best regards,

Merijn Schering

Intermesh
rossigee

Postby rossigee » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:26 am

UPDATE: There is an 'ldapauth' module in later versions of GO, which works well in most cases.

Also, please take a look at this patch I've submitted for it...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6633

Otherwise, if your GO install has access to Joomla's DB, it should be a fairly trivial job to write a 'joomlaauth' module, perhaps based on the ldapauth or imapauth modules, that authenticates directly against it.

Return to “Contributed development”