Hosted GO option

Discuss the webshop here.

Moderator: Developers

nmail_uk

Hosted GO option

Postby nmail_uk » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:54 pm

I used to be a user of the v2 community edition but the v3 community edition no longer covers everything I need, so I've been looking at the hosted/pro server versions.

I've set up a demo environment to evaluate Group Office (http://networkmail.group-office.eu) and I just have a few questions if someone from Intermesh could take the time to answer them please.

I'm only looking at purchasing the 1 user license for now. Does the default admin user count as the 1 user? If so is it possible to change the username on the account, as we prefer to keep all users login names the same (and makes it a bit more secure.)

Is the hosted version the full professional version, only limited by the user accounts?

When do you install updates on the hosted versions, and do you provide adequate notice (i.e. 48 hours or more) before the upgrade is installed, or is that something that's down to the administrator of each hosted account?

If later down the line (as I'm hoping) I bought the server version, could I migrate my data across easily?

Many thanks,

Andy Shellam
Network Mail
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hosted GO option

Postby mschering » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:27 pm

I'm only looking at purchasing the 1 user license for now. Does the default admin user count as the 1 user? If so is it possible to change the username on the account, as we prefer to keep all users login names the same (and makes it a bit more secure.)

The administrator does not count as a user as we don't recommend it for daily usage. You'll get this user for free.

Is the hosted version the full professional version, only limited by the user accounts?

Yes it's identical.

When do you install updates on the hosted versions, and do you provide adequate notice (i.e. 48 hours or more) before the upgrade is installed, or is that something that's down to the administrator of each hosted account?

We install all the upgrades in the weekend and if it's just a small patch then we do this without notice. If it's a bigger update we notify you a week in advance.

If later down the line (as I'm hoping) I bought the server version, could I migrate my data across easily?

Yes, the data is yours. If you want it we will provide it for you.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
nmail_uk

Postby nmail_uk » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:39 pm

That's brilliant, thanks for the reply.

I've had a play about with my test environment over the last couple of days and basically I'm very happy to go with the hosted solution for 1 user (I was a GO v2.x community user.)

Could you provide me with a link to send payment info (PM me for e-mail the address on my forum account) and/or clear the test system I've been using (networkmail.group-office.eu) so I can start using it properly?

Many thanks,
Andy
nmail_uk

Postby nmail_uk » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:10 pm

Thanks for the details in the PM. I am, however, a little disappointed as to the ordering process - the website is misleading.

According to your website:

All accounts include:

100 MB Diskspace*
* € 4,- per month per extra GB of diskspace

However while I was trying to sign up, I got the message "you must enter at least a GB of disk space" - so basically the minimum price package I could order was 14 EUR/month.

For the first 6 months, the supposedly-included 100MB would have done me - however I've had to take 1GB disk space and only sign up for a quarter instead.

Can you clarify what your pricing policy is?
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mschering » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:16 am

I agree it's misleading. I will clarify this. Sorry for the confusion.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering

Intermesh

Return to “Webshop products”