ER diagrams for database?

Discuss about Group-Office development here

Moderator: Developers

gronfelt

ER diagrams for database?

Postby gronfelt » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:28 am

I'm looking in to extending the Calendar module with some custom functionality. Among other things I need to extend the database with some custom tables of my own and therefore it would be very helpful with some sort of ER diagram over the existing tables, to understand how things are connected.

Are there any such diagrams available?
mschering
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ER diagrams for database?

Postby mschering » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:54 am

Unfortunately not, but the tables are all prefixed with cal_ and are pretty straightforward.

With the customfields module in the pro version you can already extend the fields in the calendar by the way.
Best regards,

Merijn Schering
Intermesh
gronfelt

Postby gronfelt » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:56 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll look in to the custom fields module as well, we are actually paying customers, but I'm currently developing against the open source version, since I'm not familiar with how access to sources work for the paid version.
shilpa111

Postby shilpa111 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:54 am

Hi
ER diagram is a graphical representation of database which includes entities,attitudes and relationship.It stores the data. And it is data modeling technique that graphically illustrates an information system’s entities and the relationships between those entities.
The main elements of an ERD are:
1. Entities
2.Attributes
3. Relationships
https://www.certvalue.com/iso-9001-certification-in-iraq/