Also I guess it would be a big change, but you could change the preferred install method from debian packages to fetching a tarball. Then the install would be something like
- Fetch dependencies (apt-get | yum | pacman | manual | windows(manual I'm guessing))
- Make a webserver point at groupoffice (apache2 | nginx & fcgi | iis + fcgi (windows))
- Run `php composer.phar install`
- start using groupoffice
This has some major advantages over debian packages
- Less work!
- Can choose specific versions of php deps to use
- More choice for users
- Works with all unix flavours, osx & windows
The disadvantage is that there would be a little more config required by the user (but not that much!).
Just an idea, but I thought I'd post to generate some discussion!