|This manual is deprecated. Please visit https://groupoffice.readthedocs.io for the latest documentation.|
It's possible to change any language string in Group-Office. Follow these steps if you want to translate the phrase Note to Memo for example:
- Open 'modules/notes/language/en.php' and lookup $l['note']='Note';, $l['name']='Notes'; and $l['notes']='Notes';.
- Now login as 'admin' and go to the Group-Office file manager. It only works for the user with the exact username 'admin'.
- Create a folder called 'lang' in the admin's folder. If you want to have multiple translations you might want to create subfolders with the iso code. Eg. lang/nl, lang/en etc.
- Go to that folder and select New -> Empty file and name it notes.php.
- Edit this document and enter:
- Now run the upgrade procedure so the server cache will be cleared: http://your.host/groupoffice/?r=maintenance/upgrade
- Observe that the notes module is now called Memos instead of Notes.
If you want to customize base language files that are not part of a module. Then call the file base_common.php for eg.
To view the available language download the language pack from your own Group-Office installation: