|This manual is deprecated. Please visit https://groupoffice.readthedocs.io for the latest documentation.|
To setup ActiveSync for Android you'll need the following information:
- Server address. It's the bold part in your Group-office url: http://your.domain.for.groupoffice/groupoffice so don't include http:// and don't include the path behind the hostname.
- Domain name can be left empty
- Whether your company or email provider requires an encrypted (SSL) connection to the mail server
- Your Group-Office username and password. Common mistake is that users use the e-mail address for username!
Note: The Exchange Server settings are case sensitive. Be sure to enter uppercase and lowercase letters properly.
- From the Applications Menu, Touch Email.
- Type in your email address and password. Check the box only if you want this to be your default email account. Touch Next.
- Touch Exchange Account.
- Enter your Exchange Server information and Touch Next.
- Your phone will check the incoming server settings.
- If everything is correct the Account Options screen will appear allowing you to customize your account settings.
- Finally, you will be asked to name this account and enter the name that will be displayed on outgoing messages. Touch Done when complete.
Note: If you are able to successfully connect an Exchange account on your phone, but your email and contacts are not syncing with your device, your company may have a security policy that prevents syncing. Click here for further troubleshooting instructions.
Some Android phones (such as Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro with Android 2.1) offer SyncML as a generic sync interface only. Enter the server address and username and password. If asked for additional server address at the calendar or contacts field: simply add "calendar" and "contacts" (without http to serveraddress) and leave the additional username / password fields empty to succeed.
You may also try one of the various Apps for SyncML, most of them allow to replace the (Funambol or memotoo -) URL with your server address.